Account Holder and you means a person who has registered an account on this site. Eligible video(s) means a piece of video footage uploaded to this site which is longer than 30 seconds and shorter than nine minutes; does not contain any illegal or offensive material, is not edited heavily, does not involve the filming of an individual against their will, is not a replication of any other video material on this site. The eligibility of a video is how closely uploaded video material meets these criteria and may be decided at the discretion of JamJar Story. Reward means a monetary or non-monetary credit that is transferred to an account holder from JamJar Story. Working Days means Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday which is not a public holiday in England or Wales. JamJar Story, we and us refers to the JamJar Story project and it’s founding organisations Octopus Analytics Ltd.
- All content of this website is either owned by or licenced to JamJar Story. This content includes but is not limited to text, images, layout, appearance and look.
- JamJar Story reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions periodically and your continued use of this website will signify your acceptance of these amendments.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to create an account on this site
- You are responsible for and submissions (videos, postings etc.) to the JamJar Story website and are governed by UK law when doing so.
- You must not submit hateful, obscene or inappropriate content. You must not submit content which has previously been the subject of threatened or actual legal proceedings.
- JamJar Story reserves the right to remove content you have uploaded at its discretion.
- Your submissions must not infringe upon any third party’s rights and consent to your submissions must be lawful.
- You may view, print and download for caching purposes only the content of this website for personal use only.
- The content of this website is subject to change without notice.
- The content of this website is for personal interest and information and must not be used for profit, sold or reproduced without permission.
- Data collection from this website or use of this website’s content for marketing purposes is prohibited without the express permission of JamJar Story.
- You must not show content from this website in public. If JamJar Story makes content available for redistribution, it may only be distributed within your organisation.
- You must not use this website to transmit unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not damage the website through use.
- You must not use this website to cope, transmit, host, send or publish any malicious computer software.
- You must not interfere with the site service; this includes overloading, hacking, crashing and flooding any part or all of the site service.
- Certain areas of this site are under restricted access; JamJar Story reserves the right to increase the area over which restrictions apply at its discretion.
- Restricted access is granted by JamJar Story through the use of your username and password for this website.
- JamJar Story reserves the right to disable your username and password without explanation at its discretion.
- This website will occasionally include links to other websites. JamJar Story do not monitor the content of these external sites and are not responsible for any of their content.
- Opinions expressed on external sites do not reflect the opinions of JamJar Story.
- JamJar Story does not accept any liability for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages arising in connection to this website.
- These liability limitations stand even if JamJar Story has been advised of potential loss.
- JamJar Story makes no guarantee for the accuracy or timeliness of information on this website. In using this site you recognise that content may be inaccurate or erroneous.
- Any reproduction of information or footage from the JamJar Story website is at your own risk and JamJar Story accepts no liability for it.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the UK law.
Earning and receiving Rewards
Prizes and Competitions (Launch period prizes from June 2015)
- You may earn rewards for uploading videos to this website
- Only UK residents will be awarded JamJar Story rewards
- Rewards will only be awarded for eligible videos and will be awarded at the discretion of JamJar Story.
- JamJar Story reserves the right to use it’s discretion to determine whether a video is ‘eligible’ or not.
- Between 09/10/15 and 01/01/16, account holders uploading eligible videos may claim £1 per video up to a value of £100 per account holder.
- Funds are limited for this project, if scheme's expenditure (total rewards paid) approaches the total budget before 01/01/16 account holders will be notified in advance that the scheme will not run until 01/01/15.
- These monetary transactions will be conducted via PayPal.
- Account holders must provide JamJar Story with their PayPal account username (the email address with which the PayPal account was set up) within 7 working days of uploading an eligible video in order to claim £1 on that video.
- After the initial provision of your PayPal username, JamJar Story will transfer all rewards each Friday for the previous 7 days of eligible videos. We will notify users of any changes to this routine in advance.
- Any queries regarding rewards should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include the unique PayPal transaction number if relevant.
- Non-monetary rewards may also be awarded to account holders.
- JamJar Story will notify account holders by email if they have won a non-monetary reward.
- Account holders must provide a UK postal address within 7 working days of receiving the notifying email. Otherwise, JamJar Story reserves the right not to distribute the reward, or to award the reward to another account holder.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions as final and binding. Entries which are not in accordance with the terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Any omission to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver by the promoter of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. Entrants are required to meet the Entry Criteria but otherwise no other purchase is necessary.
- Route to entry of the competition is through creating an account on JamJar Story and uploading videos which comply with our terms and conditions above. Videos must not be shorter than 2.5 minutes, must capture one of the household activities mentioned here in 'what should my video look like?', must be filmed by or of the entrant and must not contain and explicit, harmful or illegal content.
- Entrants must reside in the UK and provide a full UK address in the event of winning a prize to enable delivery of the prize.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to notify the promoter of any change of contact details. Proof of identity may be required.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries which are lost, corrupted, incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information. Use of false details will result in disqualification. The entry must be made by the person entering the competition – entries sent through third parties, agencies or by automated means (such as scripts and macros) will not be accepted.
- If the potential winner cannot be contacted or the Prize notification is returned or is undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any Prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. An unclaimed Prize may not be awarded. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Any prize referred to as ‘vintage’ henceforth can be considered to be older than thirty years and/or previously used items. Octopus Analytics will verify that these are working at the time of distribution but cannot guarantee the longevity of their working-life and are not liable for faults which may arise due to age and/or prior use.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Multiple prizes will be awarded. Prizes will be awarded in the following manner:
- Already won: A GoPro Hero4™ video camera with accessories and a memory card will be awarded to the account holder who has invited the most friends using this link to contribute to JamJar Story and whose invitees have in turn uploaded videos. The invitees must use the email address provided by the inviter to create their JamJar Story account.
- Already won: A vintage camera will be awarded to the account holder who has uploaded the most videos within the competition period (01/06/15 – 12/09/15).
- Already won: The video which best meets the eligibility criteria set out in JamJar Story’s Terms and Conditions will win a vintage watch.
- Already won: A vintage camera will be awarded through random draw from the first 100 videos.
- Still to be won: A vintage watch will be awarded through random draw from the first 500 videos.
- Closing date for entry is 12/09/15, after this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- The prizes awarded randomly from the first 500 or 100 eligible videos uploaded will be notified not less than ten days after the first 500 or 100 eligible videos, respectively, have been received.
- Entrants will be notified by email by 19/09/15 if they have won a prize.
- Prizes will be delivered by post. Upon receiving an email notifying an entrant that they have won a prize, they must provide a UK address within 28 days. Failure to do so will remove their claim to the prize and another winner may be selected.
- Prizes will be delivered within 7 working days of the provision of an address by a prize-winner.
- A maximum of one prize per entrant may be won. In an event that a single account holder meets the criteria or is randomly drawn for more than one prize they will be awarded the prize of the highest cash value.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Octopus Analytics, 35 Bowness Avenue, Oxford, OX3 0AL
- If the winner does not provide a UK address to which the prize can be sent within 14 days, another winner may be selected.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this competition is Octopus Analytics Ltd. Whose registered office is at 35 Bowness Avenue, Oxford, OX3 0AL
- The promoter will have the right to publicly disclose the name of the winner(s) and their city/town of residence.
- The promoter does not endorse any Prize supplied by a third party nor does it endorse the third party supplier. The Prize will only be delivered to addresses within the UK. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied by any third party connected with this competition.
- The promoter reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value should the need arise. The payment of all costs and expenses involved in claiming a Prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- The promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the prize draw at any time (and for any reason) without notice.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for damages, losses or liabilities of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages arising out of or in relation to the prize draw. Nothing in this condition shall limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury as a result of the promoter’s negligence.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.